Is accounting all about numbers? Not at The Laundromatt Company Limited…it’s knowing the numbers plus so much more. Enthusiasm, energy and diverse perspectives help us deliver new ideas and solutions. Do you view problems as opportunities, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Our team moves fast and embraces new challenges every day and this requires that we work with a dynamic group of individuals. The challenges we take on are all geared towards helping us become the most customer-centric organization that we can be!
The Laundromatt company Limited is a Dry Cleaning and Laundry solutions retailer founded in 2004 on a simple idea – To offer each customer the best possible service, quality and value. From caring, attentive, creative store attendants, dedicated workshop operators and support staff, our teams are comprised of talented people who work hard to delight the customer. When you join The Laundromatt Company, you are welcomed into a growing family that focuses on providing the best service possible to our customers.
We are looking for a driven, high-integrity accounting professional to support our organization’s growth and consolidation strategy. As the department head, the position holder is responsible for providing the financial information necessary to make sound business decisions.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, this role is responsible for ensuring reliable and accurate processing of all company financial transactions.
- Enforce overall financial discipline
- Daily monitoring and verification of all store financial transactions
- Document all financial transactions; Verify and ensure the recording of all sales, cost of goods sold, deposits and inventory movement entries.
- Prepare, analyse and report daily, weekly and monthly reports: i.e sales, revenue (gross/p.i.a), gross margins by service, store
- Ensure Statutory and legal compliance/adherence: VAT, PAYE, NSSF, CO RETURNS, AUDIT,NHIF,NCC, CORPORATE TAX
- Invoice verification, Payments processing, Requisitions processing, petty cash management
- Service Costing/pricing
- Revenue management: Store targets, variance analysis/ Point of Sale Administration
- Procurement oversight/Cost Control/ Internal Controls
- Stock Control and management
- Budgeting, monitoring and evaluation
- Facilities management/Maintenance scheduling
- Financial training for store attendants, workshop personnel
- Cash flow management
- Prepare B/S, P/L and other customized management reports
- Supervise clerical staff
- Cash/bank reconciliation
- Complete data base back ups
- Assurance of high integrity and confidentiality
- Management of accounts payable/receivable/age analysis/collection cycle analysis
- Special projects accounting
- Loss prevention and control
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree or equivalent
- CPA (K) or equivalent
- Two years or equivalent retail accounting experience
- Ability to interpret financial information and advise on service improvement processes
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally within management level
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and strong problem solving skills
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Strong computer proficiency
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- At least one year experience with a retail management system.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other legally protected status. A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant.